Veritas is the company which supplies water and takes away waste in Venice.
The rubbish in Venice is collected every day except Sundays and public holidays.
Residual dry waste and wet waste (kitchen scraps) should be placed in a tightly closed bag of any kind, and is collected every day (Monday to Saturday), the bag should be given directly to the rubbish collector when they come to your door or can be taken to one of a number of boats around the city between 6 am and 8 am.
Paper, cardboard, tetra-pak can be inserted into a paper bag tied with string. Cardboard is collected on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
Glass, plastic and cans may be placed in a plastic bag marked with blue stickers provided by Veritas. It is collected on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
You can collect more stickers for the plastic and glass bags, and more paper bags for the cardboard from:
- Santa Croce - Centro servizi Veritas di piazzale Roma, Santa Croce 490: Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 12.30pm
- Santa Croce - Sede Societa' San Giacomo Benefica, Santa Croce 1494/a; Monday to Thursdaye 5.30pm to 7pm
- Cannaregio - Cooperativa sociale Macrama', Cannaregio 2607; Monday and Friday from 9.30am to 1.30pm, Wednesday 2pm to 4pm;
- San Marco - Ufficio Veritas di Calle della Verona, San Marco 3662; Monday, Wednesday and Friday 9am to 12pm;
- Castello - Fioreria Serra dei Giardini - Viale Garibaldi, Castello 1254; From Tuesday to Friday 9:30am to 12:30pm and 2pm to 6.30pm; Saturday and Sunday 9:30am to 6:30pm;
- Dorsoduro - Gruppo anziani La gondola, Dorsoduro 1999; Monday and Friday 9am to 12pm;
- Giudecca - Gruppo anziani Giudecca, Centro civico Zitelle; Monday and Thursday 9am to 11am.
Other types of rubbish:
- Toner and printer cartridges: there are collection points at the shops where they are sold and some businesses and schools.
- Bulky waste: for large objects you will need to phone to book a collection. This service is free for a volume up to 1 cubic metre. Phone SERVIZIO ASPORTO OGGETTI VOLUMINOSI di VERITAS, tel 800-811333 or book directly online at www.gruppoveritas.it under the category 'igiene ambientale';
- Veritas will also take away small quantities of asbestos. For more information email [email protected], or send a fax to 041-7291633.
There is an ecocentre at Santa Marta and one in the Rialto Market. You can take your dangerous rubbish such as expired medicines, varnish, batteries, small kitchen appliances, oils and fats, etc.
The ecocentre at Santa Marta (marked on the map) is on the bank of the Scomenzera Canal and is open on Tuesday and Thursday from 2pm to 6pm and on Saturday from 12pm to 6pm.
RatingClick to rate Veritas:
Reviews from Elsewhere
CommentsHave a question or comment? comments powered by Disqus
Similar links in: Waste
Submitted by: admin
Added: Tue May 08 2012
Last Modified: Sat Oct 08 2016