Special Venice Laws by Laura
- Do not picnic in Saint Mark's Square!
There is a local byelaw prohibiting people from sitting down to eat in Saint Mark's Square and the surrounding area and on bridges and around other monuments. Venice has recently employed garish, orange-uniformed patrols to ensure that this in enforced. If you need a seat, there are benches near the Doge's palace, and round the corner there is a small park where you may find a seat.
- Do Not Feed The Pigeons!
The pigeons have been damaging the buildings throughout the city and it is now against the law to feed them. This is a new law - but it carrys quite a hefty fine - so be careful.
- Suitable clothing.
This is a working city, not a beach resort so be careful what you wear. It is against the law for men to be shirtless.
- Dogs must be kept on a lead. Dogs which are over 60cm tall must also wear a muzzle.
- You must clean up after your dog or face a fine.
- You must not play football or basketball or any other game with any sort of ball if you are over the age of 13.
- Skateboards, bicycles, roller skates, etc are forbidden in Venice. You can use them on the Lido or in San Giuliano Park on the mainland. In both places there are bike rentals.
- It is illegal to buy bags and sunglasses from the street or beach traders as they are fake designer goods. Beware, you can receive a fine of over 1000 Euros if you do.
There is 1 related link.
A small public park right behind Saint Mark's Square.
Similar links in: Parks
Bookmark ItMore Details
Did you find this page useful?
Have a question or comment?
comments powered by